Requests for Proposal
Active RFPs All links connect to a pdf document.
Expired RFPs All links connect to a pdf document.
- The 2013 Research Proposal Mini-Grants Program (due 3-18-2013) is designed to aid tenured, tenure-track or research faculty members with a replacement salary of up to $5,000 for an uninterrupted period of time during the summer to prepare research or research equipment proposals for submission to external agencies or foundations.
- The Research Trust Fund STEM Grant program for State Colleges and Universities (due 12-21-12) provides funds to build the STEM research capacity of eligible institutions. RTF awards specifically target recruiting scholars and enhancing the research environment on state college and university campuses. Up to two awards of $100,000 may be granted.
- The Graduate Student Fellowships in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM Fellows) program (due 12-17-12) is designed to recruit and support outstanding doctoral students in STEM fields at Marshall and West Virginia universities. Through the Research Challenge Fund, the Division of Science and Research has reserved $500,000 in fiscal year 2013 for the program.
- The Innovation Grants Program (due 11-19-12) funds improvements in scientific equipment, curriculum, minor renovations, classroom instruction, delivery and pedagogy at primarily undergraduate institutions in West Virginia. The program targets ambitious, innovative, cohesive and/or comprehensive projects in laboratory/classroom settings that encourage undergraduate students to continue careers in science, mathematics and engineering.
- The Instrumentation Grants Program (due 10-12-12) is designed to encourage undergraduate students in West Virginia to continue careers in science, math and engineering. This grant allows the purchase of modern instruments for advanced undergraduate laboratories and by encouraging the submission of research proposals. Primarily undergraduate colleges and universities (PUIs) in West Virginia are eligible to apply. Up to five awards of $20,000 may be awarded.
- NASA Cooperative Agreement Notice (due 5-31-12). NASA WV EPSCoR Committee invites pre-proposals from eligible faculty for the FY 2012 NASA EPSCoR program.
- Research Challenge Grants (due 12-15-11) to assist faculty researchers in their ability to successfully
compete for external funding on a national basis.
- Underrepresented Scholars Program (due 6-30-2011) to increase the number of underrepresented students in STEM majors and research.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (due 10-4-10) to implement a Summer undergraduate research program at higher education institutions.
- High Performance Computing Program for access to large scale HPC systems.
Learn more at the Grant Opportunities page.